Due to its skin care uses, Olive oil has gained immense popularity these days. Market is flooded with multiple brands of olive oil products that can be used on skin and face to improve complexion and get fair glowing skin. In this article, we are going to discuss 15 amazing benefits of olive oil, using which you can improve your face and body skin tone, complexion, reduce wrinkles etc. Apart from this we have listed few benefits of olive for hair that helps you get shiny looking hair. Scroll down to know how to use olive oil for skin benefits.
1. Use Olive Oil to Reduce Wrinkles: Olive oil is a great home remedy for treating wrinkles. It has power to reduce wrinkles and give younger looking skin to you. Olive oil has anti-aging anti-oxidant polyphenol, which promotes the elasticity of blood vessels to grant you younger and taut skin. Massaging your face with olive oil benefits in warding off aging and premature-wrinkles.
2. Use Olive Oil to Keep Skin Moisturized: Olive oil is a great moisturizer for your skin.
Just apply olive oil all over your face at bedtime and get set to wake up with moisturized and supple skin in the morning. Olive oil slows down the process of evaporation of water from the skin and increases the capacity of skin to hold water that leads to soft and smooth skin. This is one of the most important benefits of olive oil on the skin. So regularly use olive oil at night on your face to get moisturized and hydrated skin next day.
3. Gain Benefits of Olive Oil to Improve Skin Tone and Face Complexion: Regular application of olive oil makes a significant improvement in the skin tone. Mix few strands of saffron in the bottle of olive oil to massage on your skin to improve the complexion and lighten skin tone. You can try this recipe on small babies to improve their complexion and make it soft.
[Also Read: DIY Homemade Face Packs for Glowing Skin ]
4. Olive Oil Protects Skin from Sunrays: It has been proven scientifically that consuming olive oil in the diet protects your skin from the harmful effect of sunrays and decreases the chance of skin cancer. Consuming olive oil in the diet gives a health complexion. Plus, olive oil is a low-calorie oil, that aids in shedding the extra fat you are carrying around your body.
[Don't Miss: How to Treat Sunburn Skin Using Home Remedies]
5. Use Olive Oil to Treat Rough Nails: Extra virgin olive oil is the best remedy for treating rough nails and dull cuticles. Simply rub olive oil into cuticles and the areas around the nails. Your nails and cuticles will be smooth and soft right after the first application. On continuous use of extra virgin olive oil, your nails and cuticles will turn shiny and healthy.
6. Use Olive Oil to Prevent Hair Fall: If you have weak hair, then use olive oil to nourish them. Apply warm olive oil on the hair and wrap hot towel around your hair to let the oil penetrate well into your scalp. This process gives deep nourishment to your hair and scalp, thus preventing hair fall and giving shiny and strong hair.
7. Olive Oil Helps Remove Eye Make-up: You can also use olive oil for removing the eye make- up. Just soak up cotton pads in olive oil and wipe your eyes with them. It cleanses your eyes areas thoroughly and lifts away all the deep seated dirt deposited around your eyes. If used regularly, this home remedy helps to smoothen out the wrinkles and dark circles around your eyes
8. Get Hair Nourishment Using Olive Oil: Massage olive oil well on your well-shampooed hair and wash off after 5 minutes. It gives an intense shine and nourishment to your hair.
9. Use Olive Oil for Skin Smoothing: Mix few drops of olive oil with few drops of lavender oil into your bath water. It will leave your skin feeling soft, fresh and smelling sexy.
10. Olive Oil Helps Remove Dead Skin Cells: Mix olive with sea salt to make a great scrub at home. This scrub helps to slough away the dead cells and reveals a fresh and lively skin lying underneath.
11. Use Olive Oil to Get Soft Lips: Apply olive oil to your chapped lips to make them soft and moisturized. If you want o know about about softening lips, you can check home remedies to get soft pink lips here.
12. Use Olive Oil to Cure Cracked Heels: If you have cracked heels, olive oil works like a magic. Just apply warm olive oil on your heels at bed time and leave it overnight. You will be happy to see your soft and lovely heels in the morning.
13. Make Skin Exfoliating Scrub using Olive Oil: Mix olive oil with sugar to make an excellent scrub to rub on your hands and legs. Rub till sugar granules melt completely. This application makes your hands and legs soft, squeaky clean and glowing.
15. Olive Oil Benefits by Improving Hair Texture: Olive oil is of great benefit for the brittle and limp hair that tends to break easily. Mix half a cup of olive oil and one beaten egg; apply this mix on your hair. Leave it on for 45 minutes before rinsing off. Use this recipe once a week to improve the texture of your hair.
[Also Read: Benefits of Egg for Skin and Hair]
By now you are aware of the best 15 beauty benefits of olive oil. When you know how to use olive oil in your beauty applications, and then do not wait! Get set to incorporate these beauty uses of olive oil into your beauty regimen right now!
We have compiled a list of 12 helpful tips for losing weight fast. So stop wondering how to lose weight fast and act on these tips.
Known as wonder leaf, neem is an age old remedy in Ayurveda for curing many ailments like skin allergy, pimples, pustules, ringworm,eczema and many more. Known as Indian lilac or margosa in English, neem leaves have anti-microbial, anti-fungal, anti-microbial and blood purifying properties which can give you spotless and clear skin when taken orally and used topically.
Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin. It is the only vitamin that you can synthesize from exposing your skin to sunlight.