Home Remedies for Removing Dandruff
Image Source - nomura8080 via Pixabay
Dandruff is a skin condition that affects the hair scalp. If not treated it can cause multiple hair related problems such as dry skin, hair loss, weak hair etc. So it is important to remove dandruff from hair as soon as possible. There are many home remedies for dandruff that can help you get rid of it naturally. Below we have given a list of 40 highly effective home remedies for dandruff removal which are very easy to follow. Now get rid of dandruff using these natural remedies instead of spending heavily on commercial products available in the market and make your hair dandruff free for the days to come.
How to Remove Dandruff from Hair Naturally?
The natural way to remove dandruff is using homemade remedies. Though there are many shampoos, lotions and other products available in the market that aid in dandruff removal but there is nothing better than using home remedies for dandruff. Benefit being that natural remedies are not only cheaper and easier to make, they are more effective, produce no side effects and provide permanent solution for your hair dandruff problem.
Home Remedies for Removing Dandruff
Apply below given home remedies to remove dandruff from your scalp. It's not that dandruff will get removed overnite. You may need to apply same remedy more than once in order to remove dandruff from hair.
- The very first home remedy for removing dandruff is applying olive oil mixed with almond oil in equal quantity to massage your scalp till you start feeling burning sensation.
The burning sensation will make sure that your dandruff gets removed.
- Next, you can apply beetroot juice mixed with vinegar to remove dandruff. This home remedy is very effective cure for dandruff treatment at home.
- Juice of snake gourd rubbed on the affected scalp is an effective home remedy to remove dandruff.
- Apply fenugreek paste which has been grinded after soaking up overnight, on your scalp. Leave on 1 hour and wash off with shikakai to remove dandruff from your scalp. Ever tried this home remedy? Try it.
- Another home remedy to remove dandruff is to mix beetroot with henna and then apply it on hair scalp. Wash after few minutes of application to get rid of dandruff.
- You can use curd which has not been in refrigerator for 3 days mixed with 4 drops of lemon juice and amla powder to remove dandruff at home. Sour curd is very effective home remedy for removing dandruff.
- Take two spoons of cosmetic vinegar, 6 spoons of warm water. Apply this concoction with cotton pads at night before sleeping. Wash off with mild shampoo in the morning to remove dandruff.
- Another home remedy for dandruff treatment is to mix 2 spoons of apple juice with 2 spoons of warm water. Apply this solution on hair scalp and leave on for 15 minutes. Do it thrice a week to remove dandruff naturally at home.
- Boil 300 ml of coconut oil with 3 gms of black pepper, let it cool and strain it. Use it at night as an excellent home remedy for removing dandruff from hair.
- You can use hot olive oil or almond oil for massaging your scalp. Massage for 15 minutes and wrap with hot towel for few minutes. Steam bath with oil is a great home remedy to remove dandruff.
- Basking in the sun is very effective and natural remedy to remove dandruff easily at home.
- Cider vinegar mixed with water as final rinse is good home remedy for treating dandruff.
- You can use lemon peel immersed in coconut oil for 8-10 days as a home remedy to remove dandruff from hair.
- You can also mash green gram and then mix it with curd to remove dandruff from scalp. Apply this mix on the scalp, keep it there for few minutes and then wash your hair.
- Beat 2 eggs and apply it on your scalp and wash it off after 1 hour to get dandruff free hair. Eggs are very helpful in treating falling hair, conditioning the hair and giving shine to the hair apart from treating dandruff. So often use this home remedy.
- Use fresh lemon juice as a last rinse to remove dandruff.
- Massage your scalp with vinegar and wash off after 30 minutes. It is an excellent home remedy for dandruff treatment.
- If you have oily scalp, apply neem leaves on your scalp to remove dandruff. Neem leaves are also very effective in treating lice and all other eruptions on the scalp.
- You can also use 2 drops of tea tree oil mixed with 1/2 spoon olive oil. Tea tree oil has anti fungal qualities that help remove dandruff from hair and get rid of it.
- Apply aloe vera gel for 15 minutes before shampooing. Do daily to get dandruff free hair daily.
- Rub baking soda to reduce itching on the scalp due to dandruff. Baking soda is very good home remedy for natural dandruff treatment.
- Boil 100 gm of amla, reetha, shikakai in 2 liters of water. Let it boil for some time till it turns half. Apply this mixture on scalp to remove dandruff, treat baldness, thinning of the hair and making your hair shiny and black.
- Zest soap is very nice dandruff cure for oily scalp a sit dries out the scalp.
- Take 200 grams of neem leaves with 100 ml of sesame oil. Boil it till the juice of oils get burnt, and only oil remains. Massage your hair with this oil to remove dandruff fast. This home remedy is also helpful in curing psoriasis and other inflammations on the scalp.
- Make a concoction at home - 1 part almond oil,1 part sulphar, 2 part surgical spirit, and 4 parts distilled water or rose water to remove dandruff at home.
- Dissolve two aspirin in the shampoo to treat dandruff. Although aspirin is a painkiller, but it helps in removing dandruff as well.
- Baby oil is also a natural dandruff treatment at home.
- Dab on 1 spoon of lemon juice with 2 spoons of vinegar to massage your scalp. Wash off with egg shampoo after it.
- Slather 100 gm witch hazel with juice of a lemon in 200 ml water. Apply it on the scalp after shampooing when hair is still wet. Repeat several times till problem persists or dandruff is completely removed.
- Always use shampoo with selenium sulfide or salicylic acid to keep dandruff at bay.
- Soak rosemary leaves in water overnight it and mix with vinegar. Use this home remedy as a last rinse to treat dandruff.
- Two spoons of curd, 4 drops honey with 1 lemon juice, rub for 15 minutes before bath as a home remedy to remove dandruff at home.
- Apply coconut oil , and scrub the white flakes with hands and wash off with warm water. This home remedy is very effective way to remove dandruff fast, and results lasts for the long time.
- Massage your scalp with olive oil and juice of 1 lemon, keep it overnight. Both lemon and olive separately are nice cures for dandruff treatment, but when used with each other, it enhances the effect.
- You can apply gram flour and curd in order to remove dandruff naturally using home remedies.
- Apply juice of an onion on your hair as a dandruff cure on your scalp. This is highly effective home remedy to remove dandruff naturally.
- You can use seeds of grapes as an excellent home remedy for dandruff removal and to check bacteria formation on the scalp.
- Pure curd is a nice dandruff treatment itself. Curd alone or when mixed with any other ingredients works as a home remedy for removing dandruff, treating hair loss, dull hair, thin hair, etc.
- You can use hot oil (olive, almond, mustard) with some pieces of garlic as a natural remedy to remove dandruff.
- Lastly, you can use rosemary with a pinch of borax to remove dandruff at home.
So you have looked at various ways of removing dandruff naturally. All these home remedies for removing dandruff are highly effective yet cost effective. So now onwards, stop spending on dandruff removal products available in the market, instead, make your own solutions to treat and remove dandruff using home remedies.
Home Remedies for Treating Hair Fall and Cure Baldness Naturally
100 Home Remedies for Treating Acne / Pimples
50 Face Masks for Oily Skin
Let us know how you like this article. Like it and Rate it below.
Papaya is also called Papita in India. Do you want to know the benefits papaya provides for skin? Do you know how applying papaya daily can benefit you? Do you want to know how to use papaya on face? Well below we have discussed 11 benefits of papaya for skin and also the ways to use it on your face.
It is very hard to stay fit especially in the time when we have so many professional responsibilities on our hand. Amidst professional and personal obligations we usually tend to forget to take care of our health.
Applying onion juice in the scalp promotes hair growth. There are different ways of applying fresh onion juice, which is full of essential minerals and vitamins necessary for hair growth..