Good digestion is the most important rule for achieving a healthy state of well being. There are several natural ways to pep up digestion. Lets make our digestive system healthy with these simple tips and improve health.
The partially digested or undigested food leads to a number of health problems, including acidity, gastric trouble, bloating, stomach pain, heartburn and many others. We know that digestive health is the mirror of one's overall health! Food is the source of energy required by the body but usable only if the food we eat is fully digested.
Our body's digestive fire is responsible for the digestive process. Several spices such as cinnamon, cardamom, ajwain (carom seeds), fennel, cumin, coriander, mint etc. have been researched and used since long ancient time to relieve all types of digestive issues. Moreover, certain yoga asanas are believed to speed up the digestive process. Here are some natural tricks to increase the secretion of digestive enzymes in the body and fasten the process of food passing through the stomach, known as gastric emptying:
1. Tulsi tea - Sip Tulsi tea prepared with infused Tulsi leaves before and after meals. This will help stimulate appetite, promote digestion by increasing the flow of gastric enzymes, while reducing gastric trouble, bloating and flatulence.
2. Spiced yoghurt - Drinking fresh yoghurt sprinkled with rock salt and cumin powder in between or after meals, help stimulate the digestive capacity.
3. Triphala - Triphala is an Ayurvedic recipe to aid digestion. Drink this as a concoction to speed up the digestive process.
- Mix 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of Triphala powder into a glass of warm water
- You may add a little honey into this to enhance flavour
4. Apple Cider Vinegar - Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar (fermented tonic made of Apple) may help boost metabolism.
It can be consumed once or twice a day, diluted in water. This also aids in passing food down the gut.
5. Yoga - Sitting in Vajrasana for 15 minutes may help pass down food from stomach into the intestine. Alternatively, walking at least 100 steps just after meals can improve blood flow and quick-start the digestive process.
Apart from these, avoid refrigerated food and drinks specially in-between and just after meals. Ayurveda recommends, sipping lukewarm water in between meals can help accelerate the digestive process.
Making strict rules for meal timings is also an important aspect of maintaining the digestive health. Heavy or oily meals taken at odd hours may disturb the normal digestive process and cause heartburn, bloating, nausea and even headache. Therefore, take proper meals and correct meal timings to achieve good health and long life.
In today's lifestyle we almost forgetting some innate aspects that helps us keep motivated for health related activities , we just need to remember fitness or being health cognizant is not just a day routine, its an exquisite part of life , a life style. So we must have something in our mind every time that always drive us towards the goal..
Obesity is a common problem and we are adopting many ways to challenge this. But recently child obesity is the matter of concern for every parent.
Yogurt is a dairy food which is full of protein, zinc, vitamin E, lactic acid which provide multiple benefits for your hair. From conditioning your hair to repairing brittle and damaged hair, yogurt can do lot of things for your hair.