With the changing climatic conditions and rainfall pattern we need to shift our focus towards climate resilient crops. Millets are seen as an alternative to wheat and rice as they are not only climate resilient but also offers huge nutritional benefits. Millets are grown worldwide and we can see them as our future bread.
Millets are small-grained cereal grasses which are grown in almost every state and region.The most popular millets are Bajra (Pearl Millet), Jowar, Shorghum and Ragi.They are tiny in size and round in shape. Millets are specially known as climate change compliant crops as they can withstand extreme climatic conditions like heat ,erratic rainfall as contrary to wheat which is thermal sensitive crop and rice which needs heavy rainfall.
Millets are the oldest grains known to the mankind.The evidences of their culivation dates back to 3000 B.C. in Indus Valley Civilization. Millets are called as miracle grains for their high nutritional value. They are low water consuming crops, they need 25% less rainfall compared to sugarcane and banana farming and 30% less as that of rice cultivation. Hence with the changing climatic conditions and irregular rainfall pattern causing water crisis, millets can be seen as an alternative bread.
Benefits of Millets to human body:
1. 100 gram raw millets provide 378 calories.
Millet is a rich source of protein, dietary fiber, vitamin B, iron , calcium, magnesium, zinc etc.
3. Consuming millets provide protection against cardiac diseases and improves diabetes.
4. It lowers the level of bad cholesterol in your body.
5. It is an alkaline foodgrain and hence can be easily digested.
6. It prevents the onset of breast cancer .
7. It detoxifies the body and is found to be effective in lowering blood pressure.
8. It is extremely effective in curing digestion related problems. It offers great relief in constipation, excess gas, bloating and cramping.
9. It helps to optimize liver, kidney and immune system.
10. It also help in weight loss.
11. It helps in reapiring body cells and tissues.
12. Pearl Millet is especially given to lactating mother to increase the secretion of breast milk.
13. Ragi or Finger millet is called a wonder grain as it has the highest mineral and calcium content as compared to wholegrains.
14. Kodo Millet helps to regulate irregular menstural cycles in women.
Growing millets would help countries to solve the problem of food security. If they are provided to poor people, it will raise their nutritional standards and solve the issue of malnutrition in children.They can prove to be boon in the drought prone regions of the world. Millets can be grown in low quality soil and it is pest resistant so it offers less chance of crop failure and hence poor farmers can see them as a good source of income.
Egg has high nutritional value and as such you can apply egg masks on hair to get long, strong and beautiful strands. There are various ways to apply egg on hair.
With this kind of lifestyle, Psoriasis is becoming very common skin problem. Many people experience scalp psoriasis and they often make it worst by scratching it.
Hair greying at a young age is very common these days. Fortunately, there are some excellent Home Remedies to turn grey hair into black fast.