Open pores on the face look like small pits making your face look dull and aged. Open and large pores are by-products of oily skin and extra sebum production on the skin. Although this problem affects people of all age groups, but it worsens when your skin loses its elasticity. But worry no more! Some home remedies are really helpful in treating and reducing open pores of your face the natural way. Read on to know how to shrink enlarged pores of face using natural remedies.
Open pores are a common skin problem which make your complexion dull and lackluster.Prolonged exposure of sunlight, improper cleansing of skin, oily surface can trigger off enlarged pores on the face. It is not possible to eradicate open pores completely but you can definitely follow right skin care regime to control oil secretion on your face to control this skin ailment to a great extent. Open pores can invite acne and blackheads as oil and bacteria get easily trapped inside your large skin pores leading to pimples and blemishes. But there are some magical ingredients available in you kitchen cabinet which can dramatically work in closing up open pores. Here is presenting the top 61 tips for shrinking enlarged pores by using home remedies. Read on to know how to close and tighten open pores of the face naturally.
Home remedies for treating open pores
1.Rubbing a slice of tomato on your face reduces facial skin pore size.
Rub ice cubes on the face to shrink the open pores of the face. You can put lemon juice or tomato juice in ice tray and use frozen ice cubes of tomato or lemon juice on your face.
3. Apply the paste of fuller's earth( multani mitti) and rose water to reduce the enlarged pores. This homemade face mask absorbs the extra greasiness of face, thereby, making your face free of open pores and extra oil.
4. Application of papaya pulp shrinks enlarged pores of the face.
5.Kaolin and lime juice face mask is very effective for oily skin which reduces the appearance of large pores.
6. Apply egg white all over your face; let it dry completely and cover your face up with a tissue paper and peel off the paper when the face mask dries off . Very effective homemade peel off mask for curing open pores.
7. Beat 2 eggs white and add 2-3 spoons of lemon juice to this egg white mix and leave it on your face for 30 minutes.
8. Mix together 2 spoons of sugar, one spoon of olive oil and few drops of lemon juice and rub on your face for few minutes and then wash off with cold water. This home remedy helps to shrink enlarged pores naturally.
9.Put little sugar on lemon wedge and rub on your skin for few minutes and then wash off with cold water.
10. Baking soda exfoliates your skin by removing dirt and oil from your face that minimizes the chance of open pores. Mix 2 spoons of baking soda and 2 spoons of warm water and apply on your face daily. Practice this beauty tip continuously for 7 days and then 2-3 times a week. You will see results quickly.
11.Apple cider vinegar works as a natural toner and reduces the pore size. Mix apple cider vinegar and water together and apply on your face with cotton pads. Foe best results, use this homemade skin toner on your face at night post cleansing your face.
12. Sandalwood paste and rose water mix helps shrink open and enlarged pores of your skin. Very effective natural remedy for oily skin.
13. Scrub a slice of strawberry on your face or mash strawberry pulp and smear on your face to shrink and tighten enlarged pores naturally at home.
14.Mash a slice of pineapple and mix few drops of lemon juice to it and apply on your face.This recipe helps to close up large and open pores.
15. Steam your face to open and unplug your skin pores. Then drench a cloth in lemon and pineapple juice and keep this cloth of your face for one-two minutes and thereafter wash clean your face with warm water. This treatment has an amazing tightening effect on your skin pores.
16. Orange peel powder and grounded almonds powder makes for a very nice face scrub for curing opened skin pores.
17.Rub a slice of grapes on your open pores to reduce the size of big pores on your nose and face.
18. Lemon juice, tea tree oil and grape juice mix is a great skin toner for your oily skin which tightens large pores of your skin.
19. Banana pulp and sweet almond oil mix helps to minimize the large and opened pores on nose and face. Mash a banana and add 2 spoons of sweet almond oil to it and apply on your face for 20 minutes.
20. Apply witch hazel with cotton pads on your skin as a toner to tighten and shrink open pores. Do not rinse off your face thereafter.
21. You can apply the paste of banana peels on your face and nose affected with opened skin pores and feel the difference yourself.
22. Apply orange juice all over your face including nose or scrub a slice of orange on your face daily and see how this home remedy works.
23. Mix a pinch of alum to warm water and apply this solution all over all your face as a face toner. This easy home remedy is good for treating open pores.
24. Mix catechu either with rose water for oily skin or milk for dry skin . After, add sandalwood powder to this mix and apply on your skin for 15 minutes. Then rinse it off with cold water.
25.Egg yolk and kaolin powder mix is a great aid in absorbing extra oil from your face and curing large pores on the face naturally at home.
26. Post cleansing your skin, it is beneficial to use astringent on oily skin to prevent appearance of open and big pores on the skin.
27. Get into the routine of cleansing your face twice a day. Only proper cleansing can keep open pores at bay. Make sure you wash your face after you come home. Never sleep with make up on your face to let your skin breathe and prevent skin pores from getting blocked.
28. Those with oily skin should go easy on using talcum powder and face powder so that your skin pores do not get clogged.
29. Use cold water instead of warm water to reduce enlarged pores. Cold water shrinks skin pores.
30. Make a face mask at home with one spoon of lemon juice, one spoon of cucumber juice and a pinch of black pepper. Apply this mask on your face to control and reduce open pores naturally.
31. Make a face mask at home with a pinch of alum and one spoon of multani mitti(fuller's earth)and one spoon of tomato pulp. Next, mix all ingredients together and apply on your face affected with large and open pores. Try this recipe!It gives you fast results.
32. Make sure you use skin-freshener several times a day on your face to keep oiliness of skin at bay.
33. Apply cucumber juice all over your face to tone and nose and shrink open pores of your skin. In addition, cucumber juice whitens your skin and makes it spotless and clear.
34. Mix tomato juice and honey in equal amount and apply on your face.Very effective beauty tip for shrinking enlarged skin pores.
35. Try this homemade face pack- mix 2 spoons of yogurt with one spoon of gram flour and then apply on your face.Good home remedy for normal to dry skin.
36. Cucumber juice and rose water mix is a great beauty tip for reducing the appearance of open pores.
37. The potent blend of curd, rose water and lemon juice can be used as a cool compress on your open pores to reduce them dramatically.
38. You can apply pure curd on your face to reduce the size of skin pores. What is more, curd tones and whitens your skin.
39.Take 2 spoons of oatmeal powder with 2 spoons of lemon juice and one egg ;mix them all together and apply on your skin to reduce pore size.
40. Rice powder and rose water scrub works great to reduce open pores.
41. Orange peel powder, lemon peel powder and rose water mix is great aid in shrinking enlarged pores of skin naturally at home. What is more, this home remedy makes your skin fair and flawless.
42. Corn meal mixed with cucumber juice makes a great face pack to tighten open pores.43. Apply mint juice all over your face to cure open pores.
44. Apply basil leaves juice on your open pores to clean up and tighten them naturally.
45. Take a pinch of camphor, 2 teaspoon of honey and few drops of brandy and mix them together and apply on your large and your large pores to cure them naturally.
46 Grate a cucumber and mix it with 2 eggs white, one spoon of lemon juice, 2 spoons of brandy and half a spoon of ground mint oil. Blend them well together. Make a thick paste and then apply on your large and open pores for 20 minutes. Use this home remedy 2-3 times a week for optimal results.
47. Apply the mixture of sandalwood powder, turmeric powder and almond powder to seal open pores. This natural remedy is a very effective fairness treatment too.
48. Boil a carrot and apply this mash on your face to tighten your skin and open pores. Good for sensitive skin.
49. Apply apricot pulp on your skin to tighten open pores.
50. Grind half a tomato with 2-3 pods of garlic in a grinder and thereafter apply a thin layer on your face for 20 minutes. Wash off your face with lukewarm water and finally rinse off with cold water to seal the open pores. Good recipe for curing open pores naturally.
51. Mix egg white with green clay powder and apply on your face to seal open pores.
52. Make a paste with sea salt and milk( without cream) and apply on your face to reduce the pore size of your skin.
53. One spoon of ginger paste, one spoon of cucumber paste, one spoon of fenugreek powder mixed together can be used on your face to treat open and large pores of your face naturally.
54. Dip a cotton cloth in butter milk and rub on your face and nose all over to tighten open pores.
55. Apply the mixture of aloe vera gel and lemon juice to treat and seal open and enlarged pores of your face.
56. Mix one spoon of chamomile powder to one spoon of tomato pulp and apply on your large and opened up pores to shrink them the natural way.
57. Mix apple cider vinegar, honey and wheat bran in equal amount and smear the resultant mixture on your face to shrink open pores naturally.
58 The paste of oak tree gum and milk is a great home remedy for sealing enlarged and open pores.
59. Soak up almonds in water overnight and then grind them in the morning to apply on your face. This recipe helps close pore opening and reduce the size of pores.
60. Mint juice and watermelon juice mix is an another home remedy to adsorb excess oil from the face and shrink opened and enlarged pores.
61. Use pulp of peach on your face as a face mask to reduce open pores of your face.
Some preventive measure to keep open and large pores of skin at bay
Take a healthy diet with more minerals and vitamin A, B, C and E.
Drink a lot of water daily to keep yourself hydrated and keep your skin oil-free.
Do not touch your face again and again.
Never squeeze acne or pimple on your face with your fingernails.
Avoid using glycerin on face.
Always step out with sunscreen on your face.
Avoid using make-up on your face as much possible.
By now, you are aware of the best 61 tips on how to close and shrink open pores. Just follow these home remedies and get set to banish those irritating open pores and oily skin naturally.
Check out 70 tips for getting pink lips naturally
Make these DIY homemade facial masks part of your skin care routine to get fair glowing skin at home without spending too much on it. .
You do not need expensive fairness treatments to become fair, instead, you can rely on natural remedies to lighten your skin tone and improve your skin's texture. All these home remedies are very effective and wallet-friendly.
There are many uses of Sandalwood for skin. Also called Chandan, you can use sandalwood powder for skin fairness.