There are many good benefits of papaya for skin. In India, it is also called as Papita. Every part of this fruit is useful when it comes to making skin fair, bright and glowing. Below we have mentioned 11 benefits of papaya for skin and also the way to use papaya to gain those benefits and goodness.
So let's look at various benefits of papaya and way to use it for getting healthy, glowing and fair skin.
1. Use Papaya to Nourish Skin: Mix papaya with honey to make a homemade facial mask. Smear this mask on your face and neck. Leave it on for 20 minutes before rinsing it off. This papaya mask benefits in making your skin fair and glowing.
2. Papaya Benefits in Making Skin Fair and Glow: Rub a slice of papaya on your face and neck; leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash off.
If you do it regularly, you will get fair glowing skin like never before.
3. Use Papaya as a Skin Cleanser: You can prepare a cleansing mask with 3 spoons of pure honey, ½ spoon of extra virgin oil, 1/2 spoon of wheatgerm oil and 1 spoon of papaya juice. Mix all ingredients well and wash the skin with warm water prior to applying this mask. Next, apply this mask on your moist skin and let it dry for 20 minutes. Rinse well and pat dry. Use it twice a day. This cleansing mask cleans the skin deep down to reveal a brighter skin on the outside.
[Also Read: Honey Benefits and Uses for Skin]
4. Papaya is an Excellent Anti-Aging Agent: Papaya is rich in anti-oxidants due to the high concentration of vitamin A, which makes it a powerful anti-aging agent. Make a mask with ripe papaya, honey and rice flour and keep it on your face for 20 minutes. Use this mask thrice a week for getting tight and younger skin.
5. Use Papaya to Clean Open Pores: You can make a papaya scrub with papaya mash, salt spa, oilve oil and honey. First do face clean up and then rub this mixtureon your face. This scrub clears the deep seated dirt and all impurities of your skin to give a glowing skin. Those with the problems of open pores can use raw papaya on the face. It helps a lot!
6. Excellent for Oily Skin: You can prepare an exfoliating mask with papaya pulp, oatmeal powder and sugar. Rub this mixture on the face in a circular motion. First wash off with milk, then with luke warm water. People with oily skin types should avoid milk as milk gives moisture to the skin.
7. Make a paste of papaya pulp, 4 spoons of cosmetic clay and one spoon of aloe vera gel. Apply to your face for 15 minutes and wash off with luke warm water. This face mask makes your face glowing and spot-free.
8. Use Papaya to Remove Sun Spots: You can prepare papaya vinegar at home. Cut papaya into thin peels and put 2/3 part of jar with papaya. Cover apple cider vinegar over it. Let it mature for 4 weeks and strain the mixture to get the papaya vinegar. Papaya vinegar is very helpful in treating age spots and sunspots. Papaya vinegar can be a boon to your rough and damaged hair. Mix this vinegar with your regular shampoo to wash your hair or blend it with lemon juice and keep it on the hair 20 minutes before washing off. This mix gives brilliant shine to your hair.
9. Use Papaya for Skin Hydrating: Take half cup of mashed papaya, one cup of pineapple, one spoon of honey and puree them toghether. Apply on your skin and rinse off after 20 minutes. Papaya and pineapple contain natural enzymes, alpha hydroxy acids and honey hydrates the skin. This mask is a skin-nourishing mask which keeps your skin young and charming for long.
10. Papaya Face mask for Skin Brightening: Make a paste of papaya mash, yogurt, lemon juice and honey and egg white. Whip all ingredients well and apply on your face for 20 minutes. Wash off with warm water. This mask brightens the facial complexion and cures the suntan.
[Don't Miss: Benefits of Lemon for Skin, Hair and Health]
11. Papaya soap is also a very powerful skin lightening agent which gives fair ,clear and flawless skin. Many people have benefitted from it. Give it a try!
By now you are aware of the top 11 beauty benefits of papaya. When you know how to use papaya in your beauty applications, then it is time to put all beauty uses of papaya to practice! Get set to receive the complements!
Make these DIY homemade facial masks part of your skin care routine to get fair glowing skin at home without spending too much on it. .
You do not need expensive fairness treatments to become fair, instead, you can rely on natural remedies to lighten your skin tone and improve your skin's texture. All these home remedies are very effective and wallet-friendly.
There are many uses of Sandalwood for skin. Also called Chandan, you can use sandalwood powder for skin fairness.