Get Glowing Skin With These Ayurvedic Treatments at Home That Costs Less
Image Source - https://pixabay.com/en/lemon-basil-hairy-natural-spice-906141/
Ayurvedic treatments are immensely helpful in giving amazing glow and charm to your skin. This article is presenting the best and time-tested ayurvedic recipes for glowing skin. Have a look.
Glowing skin is the biggest asset for a woman as it can beat best of the make up to make you look gorgeous naturally. It does not need a lot of money to get glowing skin, you can definitely get it using some ayurvedic treatments at home at no great cost. Here is presenting the best 8 ayurvedic treatments for glowing skin.
1. SANDALWOOD / CHANDAN
Sandalwood is an ancient remedy for beautifying your skin which can cure a host of skin ailments. It is really beneficial for whitening and brightening your skin tone apart from healing your skin in acne, rashes, blemishes and discoloration of skin. Sandalwood has natural cooling and healing properties which pacify skin after your skin's exposure to sun. Sandalwood helps to remove tan and dark patches effectively.
You can use sandalwood in form of paste, lotion, powder and even soap but when it is used in purest form it gives best results. To get glowing skin, you can try this ayurvedic treatment at home. Let us learn how to use it.
- First clean your face using mild cleanser.
- Pat dry with a soft towel.
- Massage your skin with pure almond oil in circular and upward motion for 10 -15 minutes.
- Then apply the paste of pure sandalwood powder and rose water on your face and leave it on your skin for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water and follow with moisturizer to end the process
- This ayurvedic treatment is best for getting glowing skin and sandalwood is so mild that this treatment can be used by teenager girls for getting fair and glowing skin daily.
2. SAFFRON / KESAR
It is the most precious spice in world which is well known for giving fairer skin tone. Mix few strands of kesar with raw milk and then apply this mix on your face to get fairer skin. Saffron can be used to get glowing skin naturally. Let us learn the procedure.
- Add few strands of saffron to 2 spoons of fresh cream or malai.
- Let this saffron strands sit in malai for 1 hour.
- Massage this mixture on your face for 10 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water.
- This remedy instantly brightens your skin and regular usage of this recipe makes your skin glowing.
- Add 2 strands of saffron to one spoon of honey.
- Leave the strands of saffron in honey for one hour.
- Smear this preparation on your skin for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
- This remedy removes dark patches and hydrates immensely and gives your velvet like glowing skin.
3. KUMKUMADI TAILAM / OIL
This oil is an amazing mixture of 16 herbs which give you fairer and glowing skin and it removes toughest of tan from the skin. It is a herbal oil which is best for removing dark spots, hyperpigmenation marks, dark spots and dark circles too. Here is how to use it.
- Take 4-5 drops of kumkumadi tailam into your hands.
- Massage gently into your face, neck and rub on your dark circles.
- Let this mixture stay on face for 10 minutes.
- Take steam post application of this oil to get best effects of this oil.
- This oil can be used twice a day for massaging your face but vaporization treatment with this oil should be tried only once a week.
- This treatment is very good for removing acne scars and sun spots.
- Massaging your face with kumkumadi tailam gives an amazing lustre and fairness to skin.
Liquorice is a herb which can give your skin fairness and radiance in short span of time. Learn how to use it.
- Just boil few roots of liquorice in water.
- Strain this mixture.
- Dab this mixture over your face and get fair and glowing skin naturally.
- Take a tomato and blend this into fine paste.
- Mix 2 spoons of rose water and two spoons of liquorice powder to it.
- Slather this mask on your face for 20 minutes.
- Wipe clean your skin with moist cotton to remove this mask.
- This mask whitens your skin in just a week.It gives a pinkish glow to your skin minus any chemicals.
5. ALOE VERA
Aloe vera is a miracle plant which helps to cure multiple skin problems like rashes, sun burn, cuts, burns, dark circles, stretch marks, pigmentation marks, insect bites , allergies and darkness of skin. You can apply aloe vera in multiple ways.
- Just pluck a leaf of aloe vera and extract the gel out of this.
- Apply this fresh gel on your face to get glowing and flawless face.
- Aloe vera helps to remove all sorts of facial blemishes and pure aloe vera gel is very good treatment for pigmentation marks.
- Extract 2 spoons of fresh aloe vera gel from aloe leaf
- Mix this with one spoon of vitamin E oil extracted from vitamin E capsules and one spoon of almond powder
- Apply this mixture on your face and let it stay on for 20 minutes.
- This ayurvedic treatment will give you glowing and fair skin.
It is medicinal herb which has anti-septic properties which purify your skin by removing all sorts of imperfections.Here is how to use it.
- Pluck few leaves of basil and grind them with some rose water.
- Slather the mixture all over your face and neck and let it stay on for 15 minutes.
- Basil is a natural astringent which detoxifies your skin and removes blackheads, whiteheads and freckles.
- Dry up some tulsi leaves in the sun.
- Then mix some curd with basil powder and apply on your face.
- This mask fades facial blemishes including sunspots, pimple marks and pigmentation marks
- Use this face mask daily for getting glowing and even toned complexion.
Calendula is natural herb which gives your skin a bloom of moisture. Calendula is known as marigold flower which beautifies your skin. It is herb which heals damaged and dull skin due to to its anti-inflammatory properties. Let us learn how to use calendula for skin care.
- Just take few drops of calendula oil and massage on your face and under- eyes area to remove crow's feet and creases.
- So massage your skin with calendula oil to promote youthful glow and suppleness to skin.
- Massaging your face with calendula oil is very beneficial for treating fine lines and premature ageing.
- Take 4 ounces of calnedula oil
- 2 spoons of packed bee-wax
- 25 drops of essential oil of your choice
- Boil beeswax in double boiler it till it melts and the add calendula oil to beeswax.
- Add essential oil in this mixture and still well to whip up calnedula salve.
- This salve nourishes your skin and counteracts the effects of free radicals.
- Regular usage of this ayurvedic treatment can speed up production of collagen and gives glowing and wrinkle-free skin.
Cinnamon is a spice which is good for giving radiance to your face. Here is how to use it.
- Mix 2 spoons of cinnamon powder to one spoon of honey and lemon juice.
- Apply this preparation on face for 20 minutes.
- This ayurvedic treatment improves your complexion and makes it even toned and glowing.
Make these DIY homemade facial masks part of your skin care routine to get fair glowing skin at home without spending too much on it. .
You do not need expensive fairness treatments to become fair, instead, you can rely on natural remedies to lighten your skin tone and improve your skin's texture. All these home remedies are very effective and wallet-friendly.
There are many uses of Sandalwood for skin. Also called Chandan, you can use sandalwood powder for skin fairness.
to comment on this post.