Since ages, turmeric is used in various beauty purposes. When it comes to lightening the skin or curing persistent acne, the thought of turmeric springs first to our mind. Turmeric has much more to offer than these qualities. Turmeric is indeed a big storehouse of skin beatifying qualities, which can be used in several ways to add on to the beauty of your skin. This article unravels the serects of some amazing beauty uses of turmeric. Read on to know how to use turmeric in your beauty applications.
Mentioned below are the top 25 beauty benefits of turmeric.
Beauty benefits of turmeric
1. Turmeric is used for lightening the skin and fading off the facial blemishes. This is why there is a custom in India, an Asian country, to apply turmeric on the skin of brides and bridegrooms, prior to their wedding. It is assumed that brides and grooms look glowing and fair after using turmeric. Additionally, regular application of turmeric keeps your skin fair and clear.
2. Turmeric is bursting with anti-bacterial qualities that help to heal up acne fast. Prepare a paste with raw turmeric and milk; apply it all over your face and neck. Allow this face mask to dry for 20 minutes. Once 2o minutes are over, wash off thoroughly with cold water. Regular application of turmeric prevents recurrence of nagging pimples.
3. Use lemon juice combined with turmeric powder on your pigmented and acne-prone skin. If used regularly, it can lighten pigmentation marks and further break-outs of pimples.
4. Apply turmeric mixed with warm coconut oil on your hands, legs and your whole body to reduce the body hair growth.
5. You can apply the mixture of honey and turmeric as a regular face mask to get flawless and beautiful skin naturally.
6. Dab olive oil/coconut oil mixed with 3 spoons of turmeric on your heels to cure cracked heels. This mix can also treat fungal infections between the toes very effectively.
7. You can drink milk with turmeric powder to strengthen your bones and minimize the chances of osteoporosis. Drinking milk with raw turmeric paste is very effective for purifying your blood that gives you clearer and radiant skin.
8. Blend together 2 spoons of sandalwood powder, 2 spoons of raw milk and juice of a lemon coupled with half a spoon of turmeric; apply this natural face maks on your face daily. This face mask is very beneficial for getting fair skin and removing tan.
9. Mash 2-3 ripe strawberries and add cornstarch and turmeric to them. This face mask is an excellent skin-nourishing mask for normal skin.
10. Take eggs white with three drops of each lemon juice, olive oil, rose water and a pinch of turmeric. Blend them well to apply on your dry skin. This mask nourishes the dry skin deep down.
11. Gram flour and turmeric powder mask is the best face mask you can use on a regular basis to keep your skin fair and clear.
12. You can apply turmeric and curd mix to avoid stretch marks during pregnancy.
13. Add two spoons of starch to one spoon of warm milk, a pinch of turmeric and few drop of edible oil; Spread this concoction all over on the face gently before rinsing it off . Your face becomes flawless and glowing, on continuous use.
14. Make a paste with powdered orange peels, curd and turmeric to exfoliate your skin with this mix. This homemade scrub gives you a face radiating with a healthy glow.
15. Turmeric paste mixed with chirongi(sunflower seeds) and saffron makes an excellent face lightening mask.
16. Mix Wheat flour coupled with raw turmeric paste and milk to rub on your whole body to reduce the body hair.
17. Turmeric mixed with rock salt is used to reduce the body hair growth. Although this method may not work as effectively as waxing does. But regular applications reduce the further hair growth on your body.
18. Mix gram flour coupled with sandalwood powder and ghee and a pinch of turmeric .This mask will make you fair and glowing if you follow this home remedy religiously.
19. Turmeric and neem mix is a sure-shot home remedy to cure pimples naturally.
20. Blend together ½ teaspoon of turmeric, ½ spoon of camphor, 2-3 drops of mustard oil and lemon juice. Prepare this mix and apply on your skin for 15 minutes. Try this remedy prior to bath to clear persistent pimples.
21. Blend a pinch of turmeric with 2 spoons of buttermilk and dab on your face using fingertips including under-eyes areas. Wash off after 20 minutes. This Face mask eases off wrinkles and fine lines. Moreover, it helps to fade away dark circles effectively.
22. Henna and turmeric mixture removes blemishes.
23. Mix together turmeric, cucumber juice and lemon juice to make a skin lightening mask. Let this face mask to stay on face for 20 minutes. This homemade face mask lightens and brightens your skin instantly.
24. Turmeric and honey face mask is very beneficial for making your fair and glowing. You can use daily. But remember not to overuse turmeric as it may give a yellowish tinge to your face.
25. Combine milk powder and turmeric in equal measure. Apply it all over your face using your fingertips. Wash off after 20 minutes and experience a bright, smooth and yellowish fair skin in a jiffy!
By now you know the amazing 25 beauty benefits of turmeric. When you know how to us turmeric in your beauty applications, go try out this wonderful recipes right now! Follow these magical uses of turmeric into your day to routine religiously and revel in the glow of your resplendent skin!
To many of us leaves of a plant or tree are unimportant. However, the truth is leaves have been used as a treatment and cure since ancient times.
Mango can be used to benefit our skin and hair in multiple ways. Rich in vitamins and minerals, mango benefits our face when applied topically.
Lemon is a common household item. There are endless uses of lemon for skin.