Sweet and tangy fruit, tamarind or imli definitely makes your taste buds drool and it therefore is indispensable part of our cuisines for making appetizing chutney, sweet candy, jelly and much more. But have you used it topically our on your face to buzz up your external beauty. This tangy fruit contains vitamin C, carotene, vitamin B, potassium and magnesium and other skin-friendly nutrients to make your skin gorgeously beautiful and radiant.
The delicious and healthy fruit, tamarind has been widely used in whipping up some mouth-watering delicacies in Asia, Latin America and Caribbean islands. But not many people know that it has many amazing affects on the skin if used topically on the skin. Are you still unaware of the beauty applications of tamarind? Worry not ! Here comes the solution! Read on to get acquainted with the best 11 beauty and skin benefits of tamarind. Listed below are some wonderful and effective beauty uses of tamarind or imli in your beauty routine.
Beauty benefits of tamarind
1.Tamarind is very beneficial for lightening your skin tone. Boil 30 gms of tamarind in 100 ml of water and extract the pulp from it. Next, mix half a spoon of turmeric to it.
2.Tamarind is the best natural bleaching agent which is an ideal alternative to chemicals-laded bleach. Make a skin bleaching face mask with one spoon of tamarind pulp, one spoon of lemon juice and one spoon of honey. Spread this mix evenly all over your face and 15-20 minutes later, wash off with cold water.
3. You can make an exfoliating face scrub with tamarind. Tamarind is rich in AHA, alpha hydroxy acids, which make it ideal for removing skin's impurities and deep-seated dirt. Add one spoon of tamarind pulp to one spoon of sea salt. Next, add either curd or milk cream to this mixture. Go for curd if you have oily skin and milk cream is the best option for dry skin. Scrub this mix gently in a circular motion for few minutes to remove dead skin layer. Tamarind is packed with vitamin C, enzyme, vitamin B to remove dead skin layers effectively and bring out the fresh skin on the outer surface of skin.
4. If you want to get instant glow on your face, then tamarind home facial can do the trick! In one spoon of tamarind pulp, add 2 spoons of gram flour, one spoon of honey and mix them together to apply on your skin. Let this mask set for 20-minutes and thereafter wash off with warm water to get a glowing face within short span of time.
5. You can make a body scrub with 2 spoons of tamarind pulp, one spoon of lemon juice, half a spoon of baking soda and a spoon of sugar. Combine all ingredients and rub this mixture on your whole body till sugar dissolves completely. This recipe is best for acne-prone skin and oily skin. Remember not to use this body scrub post waxing or shaving as this mask can irritate your skin.
6. Boil tamarind in water and use this water to make a skin-hydrating toner. Take 2 spoons of tamarind water in a bowl. Next, boil tea in water for some time and then strain this mixture to get tea water. Blend tea water and tamarind water to make a skin-nourishing toner. Dip a cotton pad in this mix and apply all over your face to tone your skin.
7. Mix tamarind pulp with semolina, honey and gram flour to make an anti-ageing face pack for your mature skin. Smear this face pack for 20 minutes. The concentration of acids, dietary fiber, vitamin C, anti-oxidants in tamarind aid in purifying your blood and fighting free radicals to render a clear and youthful skin.
8.. Not only tamarind pulp, even tamarind seeds have positive effects on the overall health of your skin. Tamarind seeds contain hydraluronic acid that replenishes moisture into your skin, thereby, resulting in reduction in fine lines and wrinkles. Being able to dissolve in water, tamarind seeds are used in making face masks, gels and face scrubs, moisturizers. Moreover, tamarind seeds act to fend off the attack of premature wrinkles and keep skin elastic and younger-looking.
9. Mix one spoon of sandalwood powder, one spoon of multani mitti, 2 spoons of curd, few drops of rose water. Soak up tamarind in water for one hour and extract its pulp and then add all these ingredients to tamarind pulp. Apply on your skin for 20 minutes. The high amount of skin-nourishing vitamins in tamarind make it ideal natural remedy for turning dull and lackluster skin into glowing and bright one.
10. Studies have proved that tamarind's alpha hydroxy acids help in removing pigmentation marks, dark spots as well as polishing your skin. Vitamin A, C and anti-oxidants in this fruit aid in soothing inflammation and removing dark patches too. Applying tamarind juice is really beneficial in removing facial blemishes a great deal.
11. Tamarind oil has power to whiten and brighten your skin tone and improving your skin's quality to make it velvety smooth and youthful as well.
By now you are aware of the best 11 beauty and skin benefits of tamarind. Why are you waiting? Try using these beauty tips right now
and get set to flaunt glowing and fair skin!
Check out 5 orange skin lightening facial masks
Omega 3 fatty acids are the building block of your body. There are hundreds of foods that are high on Omega 3 acids.
What is Jamun fruit? Benefits it provides. Let's find out.
There are immense uses of patanjali aloe vera gel for skin and hair. Due to its 100% pure aloe vera extract, it has become a common household item in India.