You can avoid expensive dental visits in case of minor toothaches. There are number of home remedies available for relieving toothache and your kitchen has all the herbs that are needed for quick relief to any kind of tooth pain. Scroll down to know more about natural remedies for toothache and how to relieve tooth pain at home.
Our kitchens have all the herbs that have medicinal attributes for fast and easy remedies to relive toothache. However, these are immediate relief. The underlying cause for the pain must be diagnosed and continued with proper, permanent and scientific treatment procedures.
1. Cloves: You can relieve toothache at home using cloves. It contains a natural anesthetic agent called eugenol. Use not more than two cloves at a time as large dose can damage the nerves supplying the tooth.
2. Salt and Warm Water Rinses: Another inexpensive home remedy for relieving tooth pain is to use salt and water rinses. Add salt in warm water and rinse two to three times for three days. It will bring down the swelling of the gums, decrease bleeding and will relieve pain.
3. Ice: Applying ice reduces the swelling. Applying ice directly on the tooth surface reduces the pain and brings quick relief. Rinsing mouth with ice cold water will also minimize the pain.
4. Alcohol: Surprised, but true. Alcohol can be used as a natural pain reliever. Use whisky or brandy to do a 30 seconds mouth rinse. Repeat after few hours if pain persists.
5. Peppermint: Use peppermint oil for instant toothache relief at home. Use cotton swab to spread peppermint oil on an affected area.
6. Garlic: To get rid of toothache, peel the garlic and put it on the tooth causing pain. Start chewing the garlic, and continue to do so for a minute. The pain will subside. It is one of the best home remedies for getting rid of toothache.
7. Hydrogen Peroxide: You can also use hydrogen peroxide as a home remedy for toothache. Mix three parts of hydrogen peroxide with three parts of water. Use this as a mouthwash (30 seconds). This will also reduce the growth of microorganism leading to pain reduction. Hydrogen peroxide is easily available at your nearest chemist stores.
8. Onion: Slice an onion, put it on the tooth that aches. Let it sit for five minutes or more. The antiseptic properties of the onion will kill the bacteria in the mouth, which contributes to the pain.
9. Pepper powder: Take a pinch of pepper powder and mix it with table salt (quarter spoon). Add few drops of water to make it a paste. Apply it to the tooth that aches. It works as an anti-inflammatory and cures bad breath.
11. Gooseberry or amla: The Vitamin C present in gooseberry not only prevents tooth decay but treats tooth ache and bleeding gums by healing the diseased tissue and making the immune system stronger.
12. Asafetida or Hing: Mix it with lemon juice and thereafter, slightly heat it and apply it on the diseased tooth with a cotton swab. Slightly fried asafetida in clarified butter is also good option as a natural pain buster.
13. Lemon: Mix one teaspoon of finely ground lemon skin with a pinch of table salt and use this as a tooth powder. Massage it on your gums and teeth. As an added benefit you will get shining teeth along with relief from toothache.
14. Neem: It is an antiseptic (prevents the growth of disease causing micro-organism) and antibiotic herb (reduces the growth of micro-organism which have already grown and became active). Nimboli which is the fruit of neem is used for dental diseases. Boil 8-10 nimboli in one liter water and strain it. Store the water and use it as a mouthwash to releive toothache. Same can be done using guava leaves at home.
15. Turmeric: Mix equal parts of turmeric and asafetida powder. Add water and make it into a dough. Make small balls and place it on the tooth that aches.
And above all "PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE" , so never eat anything that can cause tooth pain to reoccur. And in case you have cavities then it is better to see dentist for long term solutions.
With the changing climatic conditions and rainfall pattern we need to shift our focus towards climate resilient crops. Millets are seen as an alternative to wheat and rice as they are not only climate resilient but also offers huge nutritional benefits.
It is very hard to stay fit especially in the time when we have so many professional responsibilities on our hand. Amidst professional and personal obligations we usually tend to forget to take care of our health.
Grow your hair very quickly with the top 10 awesome tips naturally, the right way that works. Self-experimented ideas that work 100%.
Toothaches are common problems nowadays almost everybody is facing this problem. Children are getting this problem because they are eating more chocolates and sweets and while the mature people getting the problem because of chewing tobacco, chewing gums etc. Aged people are facing this problem because of their age their teeth get loose they get difficulties in eating brittle things. All that we have to do is that we have to maintain properly from the young age.reply 0
I am a 77-year-old lady. My Parkinson's disease appeared at the age of 55. My symptoms at the beginning were fine tremors and rigidity with joint stiffness. I was taking Entacapone with Levodopa, Carbidopa, and Pramipexole. My Parkinson's disease is not under control. I lost touch with reality.I started on Health Herbal Clinic Parkinsons Disease Herbal formula treatment in September 2016, i read alot of positive reviews on their success rate treating Parkinsons disease through their PD Herbal formula and i immediately started on the treatment. Just 7 weeks into the Herbal formula treatment I had great improvements with speech and coordination, my hand tremors seized and the stiffed, rigid muscle had succumbed. I am unbelievably back on my feet again, this is a breakthrough for all Parkinsons sufferers, visit Health Herbal Clinic official website www. healthherbalclinic. net or email info@ healthherbalclinic. net.reply 1
Quite lovely tips. Onion too is on this list. This is really interesting. I have heard so many uses of onion as a spice and for medicine use too. But never knew that it is a home remedy for a toothache too. This is new information in my info vocabulary. And I must thank you for this.reply 0