Is Lemon Water Really Good for Health?
Image Source - Unsplash (Photo by Izzy Gerosa on Unsplash) - https://unsplash.com/photos/RgplfXbxLFs
Lemon water is an easy to make refreshment drink which is low on calories. There are numerous benefits of lemon water. It helps in weight loss, improving digestion, boosting immunity and detoxification etc. Even it is good for your skin and hair (Read benefits of lemon for skin). Below we have given 8 reasons you must drink lemon water to get good health and also a recipe to make lemon water at home.
Is Lemon Water Good for Health?
People have different taste on how they like to start the day. I like to start my day with a glass of lemon water prepared according to my taste. Not only because of the availability of it from my home-grown lemon trees, but also because of wonderful health benefits of lemon water. Lemon trees actually grow quite well in Assam. Drinking lemon water gives me a refreshing feeling every morning. It has ample amount of vitamin C and citric acid which offers many health benefits.
It is good for skin, hair, helps in detoxification, even help get rid of kidney stone. So yes lemon water is good for health.
How to Make Lemon Water Drink to Gain Good Health?
I think this is one of the easiest health drinks to make. Simply cut lemon into two, take a glass of water, squeeze the lemon into water and your lemon drink is ready. You can customize your drink by adding salt or sugar or both as per your need, though drinking plain lemon water provides maximum health benefits to the body. So I would recommend drinking plain hot or cold lemon water drink to flush out toxins, to reduce your tummy fat and to get glowing skin.
Let's look at the benefits of drinking lemon water.
Health Benefits of Lemon Water
- An Antioxidant: Lemons are rich source of Vitamin C or ascorbic acid which works as an antioxidant and slows down ageing. Due to oxidation reactions in the body, free radicals are released which harm the cells. Antioxidants protect our body from free radicals by neutralizing them. Vitamin C also promotes the production of collagen in the body.
- Treat Kidney Stone: Lemons are rich in citric acid which helps preventing kidney stone. Normally in case of excessive calcium in the body, kidney helps in removing it through urine. However, when there is oxalate in excessive amount in body, calcium oxalate is formed and gets deposited in the kidney forming kidney stone. Oxalate is found in spinach, beets etc. Citric acid helps in preventing formation of calcium oxalate.
- Detoxification: Lemon water helps in detoxification. Lemon contains potassium which promotes urine secretion. Urine leads to the elimination of the internal waste or toxins. [Also Read: 5 Detox Drinks for Weight Loss and Cleansing]
- Improves Digestion: Lemon juice improves digestion of food. The chemistry of lemon juice is reportedly found similar to the digestive juice. Uptake of lemon juice promotes bile production leading to improved digestion.
- Healthy Skin: The antioxidant property of lemon helps preventing wrinkles and it also makes the skin healthy by preventing acne. Vitamin C is beneficial to the body since it promotes collagen production which keeps the skin smooth.
- Regulation of Immune System: Lemon contains potassium which is good for nourishment of cells. Vitamin C helps in the white blood cell production which protects the body from virus, bacteria etc. Another important thing is that while lemon juice is acidic in nature, after consumption inside the body it’s nature becomes alkaline. It is said that many micro-organisms which are harmful to the body thrive in acidic conditions. Hence, keeping the body alkaline will surely help in protection from harmful bacteria.
- Healthy Hair: Lemon is also good for hair. Lemon contains a compound called Limonene which is supposedly good for keeping hair healthy. Lemon juice helps to prevent dandruff and prevents fungal infections in the scalp due to it’s acidic properties. However, excessive usage is also not advised since it can leave the hair dry.
- Weight Loss: Lemon water or lemon juice is good for even weight loss. Since it doesn’t contain much calories it is healthy to drink. Also, drinking lemon juice makes you feel fuller and you don’t feel much hungry.
Having lemon water in the morning works as a good refreshment drink so that you can feel active for the rest of the day. On top of it, it’s so easy to prepare! Just squeeze a lemon, mix it with water or have few drops in the morning tea. Start your day afresh and enjoy being healthy.
Make these DIY homemade facial masks part of your skin care routine to get fair glowing skin at home without spending too much on it. .
You do not need expensive fairness treatments to become fair, instead, you can rely on natural remedies to lighten your skin tone and improve your skin's texture. All these home remedies are very effective and wallet-friendly.
There are many uses of Sandalwood for skin. Also called Chandan, you can use sandalwood powder for skin fairness.
to comment on this post.