If you are thinking about getting keratin treatment for your hair, it is important to know about its benefits and side effects first. In this article, we have discussed some very important benefits of keratin hair treatment and also its side effects. You must read them before going for keratin treatment for your hair.
Keratin is a type of protein which is an important component required for the formation of our skin, hair and nails. When we go for hair styling or our hair is exposed to heat, it results in loss of keratin present in the follicles. This makes the hair look dull and frizzy. This has resulted in a craze for keratin treatment irrespective of the various keratin hair treatment side effects. People usually go for keratin treatments with the purpose of smoothing and repairing the hair follicles that have been damaged. However, most of the times, the primary purpose is to straighten the dull, frizzy and unmanageable hair so that they look sleek and silky.
Let us explore some of the most common benefits and keratin treatment side effects here:
1. It is a myth that Brazilian keratin treatments would result in hair breakage. However, use of flat-iron to straighten the strands might do so, which are sometimes too hot on the hair to damage its follicles. Choose your hair salon wisely and try to understand from them, all potential harm and the precaution your hair expert is likely to take.
2. Keratin treatment is like a restorative therapy. It improves the quality of your hair and strengthens them. The hair not just become poker straight, they also become feather soft and silky.
3. Another benefit of keratin hair treatment is that you can get poker-straight hair and say good-bye to dull, frizzy and unmanageable hair. This will save you from focusing on hair styling every time you plan to step out of your house,
4. Hair styling becomes much easier with keratin hair treatment. You can hardly have a bad hair day if you take proper hair as recommended by your salon expert.
1. Keratin treatment might not be suitable if anyone is suffering from certain skin diseases or conditions. If you have skin conditions like psoriasis and dermatitis, it is best to speak to your dermatologist before going ahead.
2. A substance called Formaldehyde widely used in the treatment has been associated to health issues. However, it is hazardous or harmful for those who are regularly exposed to it. So, you can take a sign of relief if you are the one who is receiving the treatment. The salon-workers who work Formaldehyde are more vulnerable to keratin hair treatment side effects in the absence of precaution and care.
3. You cannot go for a hair wash immediately after undergoing the treatment. It is only after a couple of days that you can wash it with your hair stylists recommended shampoo which is usually sulphate-free and is compatible with the hair treatment product.
4. The effects of the treatment usually last up to a few months. You need to repeat the treatment in order to make its effects last longer.
In spite of some of its side effects, it should not come in your way of looking gorgeous in straight and silky hair that simply adds to your looks and persona. Just follow the basic precautions and hair care tips to avoid the keratin treatment side effects.
There are many uses of Sandalwood for skin. Also called Chandan, you can use sandalwood powder for skin fairness.
Mentioned below are top 11 beauty uses of glycerin for skin, hair and beauty..
There are many benefits of tomato for face and hair care. They are very good for skin as well as hair health.